Meet John McChesney. Author of the 'Science Stories & Experiments' series for children and Teacher of the Rockiteer Online Science Classes.
John McChesney, one of the co-founders of Rock-It Science, is a robotics engineer and a father of four. His participation in classrooms began when he assisted his children with a variety of classroom science projects because science and problem solving were not being sufficiently emphasized at their school.
In the process, he realized that most schools find it challenging to implement innovative science lessons. Since that time he has devoted most of his time to creating a long-term project to resolve this situation in our schools.
John's desire to spread the use of his unique science lessons ultimately led him to create Rock-It Science. Thanks to the Internet children around the world can now enjoy and benefit from John McChesney's science lessons.
Rock-It Science also provides three programs for people located in the Silicon Valley, California:
- In-Class Instruction
- Summer Programs and Camps
- Homeschool Science Classes
Check the Rock-it Science web site for up to date offerings and schedules.
John is the Director of Rock-It Science, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization. He has many years of achievement in sparking young people's enthusiasm and ability to learn science successfully. Since 1987, John has:
- Served over 100,000 kindergarten through middle school children.
- Created more than 200 highly tested and successful experiments.
- Brought science directly to the kids at Boys and Girls Clubs, scouting groups and YMCAs with his mobile science lab.
- Mentored hundreds of elementary and middle school teachers in his unique science instruction techniques.
- Conducted a NASA-sponsored program at Moffett Field that served 10,000 kids each year.
- Provided summer camp programs for the City of Sunnyvale and various YMCAs in the Silicon Valley areas, serving hundreds of kids each summer.
Sign up for John's Online Science Classes now: